This is the perfect summer tea time treat using a firm family favourite cookie in the recipe. It is so simple to make and is a no bake recipe for a cheesecake. The flavours blend so well together. The swirl of chocolate in the filling adds a different twist to the cheesecake which will make it a showstopper at meal time.There are many different flavours of biscuits which can be used to make this cheesecake you just have to let your imagination run wild and explore the flavour combinations which work. OOOhhh a peanut cookie base and peanut butter swirled through the filling all topped off with a ring of peanut cookies . That sounds delicious and may become my favourite.
There are many flavour variations which can be made with this recipe.
- For the base:
- 300g crushed biscuits
- 75g butter
- For the filling:
- 150ml double cream
- 150ml creme fraiche
- 200g cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 50g milk chocolate
- For the decoration:
- Oreo thins
- Step 1 For the base:
- Step 2 Crush the biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin.
- Step 3 Melt the butter before adding the crushed biscuits.
- Step 4 Transfer to a 8 inch loose bottomed round cake tin and press it down.
- Step 5 Place into the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- Step 6 For the filling:
- Step 7 In a glass mixing bowl weigh out the cream, creme fraiche, icing sugar, vanilla essence and cream cheese.
- Step 8 Whisk together till the mixture is thick and the whisk leaves a trail in the mixture.
- Step 9 Cover the base of the cheesecake with the filling.
- Step 10 Melt the milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Step 11 Drizzle the chocolate onto the filling and swirl in using a knife.
- Step 12 Place in the fridge to set.
- Step 13 For the decoration:
- Step 14 Just before serving add the Oreo thins as a finishing touch