Where has this last week gone? In the blink of an eye another family birthday is upon me and I am now planning a birthday cake for my eldest daughter. I have been told what she would like so fingers crossed I can do it justice. I am being such a “busy little bee” right now that I feel like I am waiting for myself to just burn out. 🙁 Maybe the fact that I have already started spring cleaning when we haven’t even had a winter yet has something to do with it ?? The problem is that it will take me a lot longer to do the cleaning as:-
- I am running a home baking business and that always comes first or so I like to think. 🙂
- We still have our house on the market and touch wood there is some interest now so we have a few viewings to attend too.
- As well as the spring cleaning to do I can see that I need to start painting again which is a bad sign??
- I am trying to organise my eldest in preparation for her upcoming GCSE exams so that she can be more relaxed in the run up to them. After all, “everything should have a place and there is a place for everything” don’t you think? (think we are all sorted in this area now).
- Clothes, clothes and more clothes are the problem in my house so I am slowly going through wardrobes and chests of drawers deciding what is needed and what is not. The recycling clothes bank had a big donation this week and there is still more to come 🙂
As you can see I am a glutton for punishment as I like to pile the work up and slowly wade through it. I am hoping the children and husband will start to help me with the jobs once they see how motivated I am to get things done. Fingers crossed on this idea 🙂
Back to Monday though as I spent the day baking for a regular customer. A large selection of baked goodies which I posted on Tuesday morning. I baked Empire Biscuits, Biscoff Blondies and Cornflake Tarts all of which are available on my webshop. I loved having a day baking all these lovely products and I even popped in a little homemade Chocolate Bar as a “thank you” to the customer for ordering so much. I hate the packaging, labelling and posting side of the job but it has to be done before I can fill in all the necessary paperwork including ingredients suppliers, cleaning schedule and generally keeping up to date with the business admin.
I received a lovely message on Wednesday to say she had received the parcels. One happy little baker here 🙂 and an even happier customer 🙂 This makes all the hard work worth it and spurs me on to do more 🙂
From the Facebook share about this order, I had another order, for collection, which I baked yesterday 🙂 A Biscoff Blondies with blondie mixture going spare could only mean one thing. My little family got to try M&Ms Blondie Cups or a Terry’s Orange Chocolate Blondie Cups after school. 🙂 Needless to say the sample cups didn’t last very long as they went down very well indeed.
As long as my other jobs go to plan then I am on target for some creative time over the weekend in between all the other mundane jobs which I have to do.
On the blogging front I have to add some more product ideas to the webshop which I want to share for “Valentine’s Day” so I need to get this done soon. Also, I am wanting to carry on with the nutritional information on the recipes as I think it looks really good.
It’s Friday bed time now, the children have been fed and karate club is finished so it is time for me to grab a cuppa and settle down for a well deserved break as I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow.