At last I have found time to sit down and write something for my blog. I have loads to do at the moment and I really need to spend some time writing for the website and blog which I am going to put my heart and soul into this year. My website is definitely needing a major overhaul to get it where I want it to be. I have been placing recipes in “foodgawker” and “tastespotting” with the hope of having one published. Fingers crossed on that one. My recipe book seems to have taken a back seat over Christmas but that is about to change.
I have decided to use “yummly” on my blog so I will see how it looks. My tester recipe for this is Viennese Whirls. These Viennese Whirls are light and airy but very yummy. I have tried making these with different buttercreams as a filling such as coffee and chocolate as well as changing the flavour of the cookie. The lemon flavoured cookies with lemon curd filling are delicious.
Nutritionally, one cookie contains 130 calories, 7.8g total fat (10% daily total fat), 14.2g total carbohydrate (5% daily total carbohydrate), 0.3g fibre (1% daily fibre) (based on a 2000 calorie diet).
- 4oz butter
- 1oz icing sugar
- 4oz plain flour
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- jam for filling
- Step 1 Preheat oven to gas 5.
- Step 2 Line a baking tray.
- Step 3 Weigh all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together to form a dough.
- Step 4 Transfer to a piping bag and nozzle.
- Step 5 Pipe swirls of same size onto the tray.
- Step 6 Bake for 10-15 minutes until they turn a pale golden brown.
- Step 7 Allow to cool before filling with jam and dusting with icing sugar.