Sorry to have neglected my blog for a couple of days but I have been busy in the background preparing for a busy week ahead baking, creating and changing recipes as I bake a few things for the family to enjoy in their packed lunches, after dinner and so on. Some of the bakes this week will be things that the children like to bake either by them selves or with myself present. I am thinking that one of my future recipe books will be loads of recipes which children like to bake as a treat for themselves or for someone as a present. I am thinking along the lines of bakes for older children who can be trusted with the weighing, mixing and checking in the oven when something is baked to where a little one wants to do the rolling, cutting and decorating for the little cookies which they love to make.
My books which are available to buy from Amazon as e-books or paperback at the moment are :-
- [amazon_textlink asin=’1520798024′ text=’Baking at its best: Advice to home bakers and would be entrepreneurs. ‘ template=’ProductLink’ store=’wwwlovetobake-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’f173c9ad-58ed-11e7-ad13-5f210b41c26e’]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B06XZBL145′ text=’Baking at its best: Easter Treats.’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’wwwlovetobake-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’079981db-58cd-11e7-a175-99340ba764e5′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’1521478244′ text=’Baking at its best: Summer Picnic Recipes.’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’wwwlovetobake-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’1c9f20c4-58cd-11e7-8c89-b974e169df8b’]
They are going on a promotion soon with Amazon where the price will drop for about a week before they will return to their original price. So go and grab a bargain while you can. I am going to be republishing the recipe books as a complete collection when I have finished writing the next two books. Watch this Space!!
At present, I am starting to write up recipes for my fourth recipe book which will be all about Halloween Bakes – so I have plenty of time to write this one. I love baking different ideas for the children to try at Halloween. It is my favourite time of the year. The scarier the bakes the better and I know the children will eat anything I bake.
Today I am going to add a couple of recipes , one to my blog and one to my recipe of the week. These are my favourite recipes which I have tried this week and are all [amazon_textlink asin=’B00M92LB0U’ text=’Oreo’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’wwwlovetobake-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’cbc7c955-58cc-11e7-b10c-09bcd60e4000′] based – as it has been an Oreo week in my house. My recipe which I am adding to Yummly is for Oreo Cookies which are delicious and really easy to make.
Homemade Oreo Cookies
Nutritionally, one cookie contains 224 calories, 9.6g total fat (12% daily total fat), 34.3g total carbohydrate (12% daily total carbohydrate), 1.2g fibre (4% daily fibre) (based on a 2000 calorie diet).
- For the cookies:
- 10oz plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4oz butter
- 8oz caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 2oz cocoa
- For the filling:
- 50g butter
- 40g Trex
- 150g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Step 1 For the cookies:
- Step 2 Preheat the oven to Gas 3.
- Step 3 Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Step 4 In a mixing bowl, weigh out the ingredients and mix together to form a dough.
- Step 5 Roll the dough into 40 balls and place on the trays.
- Step 6 Flatten down with your fingers.
- Step 7 Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool on the tray.
- Step 8 They will harden up on cooling.
- Step 9 If not crunchy enough place back in the oven to crisp up.
- Step 10 For the cream filling, mix the ingredients together before using to sandwich the cookies together.
From this recipe you can change the flavour of the filling to anything you want from coffee, peppermint, peanut butter, strawberry and so on. Just like in the original Oreo cookies. Needless to say the family really enjoyed these cookies and there was plenty to go around. Even the neighbours managed to try them.
I am adding my Oreo Cheesecake recipe as my next recipe and it is a recipe which is so easy to make and there are many other flavours which you can try. I got the inspiration for this cheesecake from a [amazon_textlink asin=’B01N3PAE2L’ text=’Jammy Dodger’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’wwwlovetobake-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’e0d92865-58cc-11e7-989a-d1274ee3da07′] Cheesecake which I saw on Pinterest.com. After looking at this recipe I decided it was a recipe an idea which I could easily mess around with to make something which was perfect for summer.This is a recipe I will be making again as it was really nice. The filling was very light and airy. The cheese was not overpowering as a couple of my children do not like cream cheese so I cut down on this ingredient.
I will add some more about changes which can be made to these recipes later.